The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The strength of ISTE is the strong base it has in technical education institutions in the country.
ISTE has an Executive Council at National level. It has active membership of more than 128500 technical teachers, 535000 student members, more than 2740 institutional members (including IITs, IISc., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1414 faculty chapters and 1505 students’ chapters at National level and 19 Sections at State Level.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
The major objective of the ISTE are:
- providing quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
- providing guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personality.
Premier National Society for Teachers and Students of the Technical Education System with more than 102985 teacher and 5.5 lakh student members, 2410 Institutional Members, 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Student Chapters
- Strategic partner of AICTE.
- Professional Refinement Programmes for faculty members of AICTE approved Technical Institutions sponsored by AICTE.
- Premier Agency operating MHRD, AICTE, MIT and International Projects.
- Reputed source for Information Dissemination through publications, seminars, workshops in Technical Education.
- Major Consultant for Educational Management, Institution Building, Career and Personality development of teachers and students respectively.
- Professional Society giving over more than 70 National and Regional Awards to Institutions, Teachers and Students for innovation and excellence in various areas of Engineering and Technology.
- Organisation having meaningful interaction among technical institutions of Degree/Diploma levels all over the Country.
- Preparation and Publication of Learning Materials and CDs in Electronics and Computers for Degree/Diploma Level Students.
- Learning Project for Working Professionals.
- ISTE-Srinivasa Ramanujan Mathematical Competitions
- ISTE-SRM Short-Term Training Programmes
- ISTE-PTU Faculty Development Programmes
ISTE Institutional Membership
AISSMS Polytechnic is an INSTITUTIONAL MEMBER (IM-823) of the Indian Society for technical Education (ISTE) was established in the year 1999. At present 29 life members on its roll. Faculty members of various departments are participating ISTE-AICTE sponsored short term programmes held at different institutions like NITTAR (TTTTI) Technical universities, colleges etc
ISTE Faculty Chapter
AISSMS Polytechnic has ISTE FACULTY CHAPTER (MH-114). At present Prof. S. K. Giram, Principal acting as a Chairman and Prof. A. N. Gedam, Lecturer in Computer Engineering department acting as a secretary-cum-treasurer along with five faculty members from various department in the committee of the AISSMS POLYTECHNIC ISTE FACULTY CHAPTER (MH-114) was established in the year 2001. At present 29 faculty members on its roll. Various activities like Lecture by Guest Faculty/Industry personality/local faculty returning from training programmes, seminars/local faculty. Training programme for a group of teachers by local/guest experts, i.e. computer awareness, CAD/CAM, teaching methods, project report writing, use of teaching aids, etc., Visits to work sites, industries, exhibitions, other institutions, R&D organizations, Quiz programmes, competitions are conducted for the benefit and betterment of the faculty members of ISTE LM members.
ISTE Faculty Chapter Committee:
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Designation|
|1||Prof. S. K. Giram||Chairman|
|2||Prof. A. N. Gedam||Secretary-Cum-Treasurer|
|3||Prof. M. T. Dangat||Member|
|4||Prof. B. H. Chafekar||Member|
|5||Prof. H. A. Shinde||Member|
|6||Prof. V. V. Shetkar||Member|
|7||Prof. G. N. Nagne||Member|